Click on detail from image or
use link for full version.
1. Feast scene;
the king of France entertaining a guest.
2. Feast scene; a lavish spectacle presented by Charles V.
3. Feast scene; noblemen & knights.
4. Feast scene; nobles celebrating.
5. Feast scene; a king & queen are entertained by a female
6. Feast scene.
7. A feast
table, with a table dormant at left.
8. An English castle feast hall.
9. A 14th century French royal feast.
10. A king & queen at feast.
11. Feast scene representing The Supper of the Lamb, 12th century.
12. Musicians at a feast.
Entertainment at a feast.
14. Renaissance silver plate featuring a classical feast scene.
15. Feast scene; detail from the Bayeux Tapestry.
16. A Biblical feast scene; detail from the Maciejowski Bible,
17. Anglo-Saxon feast scene.
18. Anglo-Saxon feast scene.
at a feast, Germany.
20. Feast scene from Gregory's Moralia. Paris, 12th century.
21. David's Engagement to the Daughter of King Saul; Peter Lombard
Manuscript, late 12th century.
22. Death and the King. From Hans Holbein's Dance of Death.
23. King Arthur and his knights feasting at the Round Table.
24. A server; detail of previous picture.
Illumination from Les Tres Riche Heures - the Duc de
Berry at feast.
26. A king at feast.
27. John of Gaunt being entertained by the King of Portugal, 14th
28. The death of St. Lucrecia.
29. A large feast with servers on horseback.
30. A noble lady's dinner.
31. Wild men at
a woodland feast.
32. King Arthur and his Knights at the Round Table, from Walter
Map, Le Livre des vertueux faix de plusiers nobles chevaliers,
33. Three servers; detail from previous image.
34. Detail from Exercitium super Pater Noster, Netherlands.
35. 12th century German drawing of a king & queen being served.
36. Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere at feast; an illumination from
a French romance of 1300.
Beauchamp at dinner with Sir Baltirdam; from the
38. The Wedding at Cana; from the Holkham Bible picture book,
39. The Last Supper; from the Luttrell Psalter.
40. A king prepares for dinner; from Walter de Milemete's
of De secretis secretorum, 1326-7.
41. An 11th century banquet.
A Feast For The Eyes
Brewing & Drinking | Dining
Feasts & Feasting |
& Foodstuffs | Hunting &
& Equipment | Markets | A
A Boke of Gode CookeryA
Feast For The Eyes
For more medieval illustrations at Gode Cookery, please visit:
Fantastic Fish of the Middle Ages
| Medieval Macabre
Medieval Woodcuts Clipart
Mythical Plants of the Middle
Ages | Tales of the Middle Ages
| Tacuinum Sanitatis
Please visit The Gode Cookery Bookshop